- 9:30 - 10 am ? Registration
- 10:00 ? Introductions, Reports of Senator Mark Montigny, Chair and Sharon Treat, Executive Director
- 10:15 - 10:45 ? Legislators? Roundtable. Legislators share information about prescription drug legislation their states, including bills addressing advertising and marketing, detailers, importation, compulsory licensing/patent eminent domain, PBM regulation, responses to Medicare Part D and more. Consideration of proposed letter and resolution on PBM legislation.
- 10:45? 11:00 ? Report on Legislative Working Group on Prescription Drugs and Trade. Peter Riggs, Forum on Democracy & Trade, and Sharon Treat; consideration by Directors of proposed letter to USTR on prescription drug issues.
- 11:15? 11:45? "Quality and Safety in the International Mail-order Pharmacy Industry" Jennifer Fels, R.N., MS is the Executive Officer for Standards and Surveys and Dana Noble, R.N., MBA is the Executive Officer for Operations for IMPAC, Inc. IMPAC is the only certification entity for international mail order and internet pharmacies. Ms. Fels and Ms. Noble will present on certification procedures for internet-based drug importation and the role of certification in state-facilitated drug importation.
- 11:45 ? 12:00pm ? Presentation on Non Profit PBM, Elizabeth Ready, Executive Director, United Scripts Administrators
- 12:00 ? 1:15 ? Lunch and Business Meeting for Legislative Directors
- 1:15 - 2:00 - Staff from the Prescription Access Litigation Project, ?Advertising and Marketing: What the Drug Companies are Doing, Safety and Cost Issues, and Why State Legislators Should Care.?
- 2:00 - 2:45 - Dr. Jerry Avorn, "Academic detailing: a practical state option for containing drug costs and improving quality of care." Dr. Avorn is Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School, and Chief of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at Brigham & Women?s Hospital, and author of Powerful Medicines: The Benefits, Risks, and Costs of Prescription Drugs
- 2:45 ? Wrap up; schedule next meeting
- 3:00 pm - Adjourn
- August 2010
- PharmedOut Conference - June 25, 2010, Washington DC
- NLARx Presentations at the November 2009 American Public Health Association
- November 2009,
- July 2009 NLARx
Panels at NCSL
- January 2008,
- October 2007,
- August 2007,
- March 2007,
- December 2006,
- May 2006,
- February 2006,
- October 2005,
- January 2005,